CHBS Laboratory Safety
Many departments within the College of Health and Behavioral Studies operate laboratories that support student instruction and scholarship. It is vital that everyone who works in our laboratories recognize the hazards associated with laboratory activities and follow proper safety procedures at all times.
The following units have laboratory settings with safety documentation:
Communication Sciences and Disorders:
- Auditory Perception and Physiology Lab (HBS 5016, 5017)
- Neural Bases of Communication and Swallowing Lab (HBS 5023, 5024)
- CSD2 Animal-Lab Safety Procedures (Miller G074 and G076)
- CSD2 Human-Lab Safety Procedures (HBS 5012)
- James Madison University Animal Facilities Emergency and Disaster Response Plan
All students, staff and faculty must receive safety training prior to working in our labs. Faculty supervising labs are responsible for providing that training to students.
If you have questions about laboratory safety, contact the supervisor of the laboratory in which you work.