Outstanding Junior Faculty Award Guidelines - Fall 2019
Due date for nominations is Friday, November 15, 2019 at 5:00 p.m. (ET).
Submit nominations via the link at the bottom of the page.
James Madison University prides itself on the accomplishments and commitment of its faculty. Each year, in recognition of superlative achievement of a junior faculty member in teaching, scholarship and/or service, the College of Health and Behavioral Studies identifies one faculty member within the college as the recipient of the Outstanding Junior Faculty Award.
- Currently hold full-time faculty status in the College of Health and Behavioral Studies
- Have completed between two to five years in higher education with at least one year at JMU
- The candidate must have demonstrated exceptional performance and/or the potential for regional or national recognition in the areas of teaching, scholarship and service, either across all the areas or in any one area.
- Service is defined as contributing to College or University functions and priorities, or service to the field or profession.
- Current Curriculum Vitae
- Annual Performance Evaluation.
- Nomination letter from academic unit (i.e. either the AUPAC or the AUH). The nomination letter should include detailed information about the candidate’s teaching and scholarship accomplishments as well as their service activities. If the nomination is from the AUPAC, verification of the AUH’s support of the nomination must be included and should address the extent of that support.
Each academic unit may nominate one or more faculty members for the award. Submit the information online by clicking the “Submit a Nomination” link below, completing the form, and attaching copies of the documents required for the award nomination. The documents will be forwarded to the chair of the Faculty Development Committee. The due date for all documents is Friday, November 15, 2019 by 5:00 p.m. (ET).
In the event a candidate is on the Faculty Development Committee, he or she will be recused from evaluating the junior faculty award nominees.
Submission of the Nomination
Click on the “Submit a Nomination” link at the bottom of the page to submit a nomination. Nominations should be submitted by the AUH or the AUPAC chair (or his/her designee). All required information should be gathered before the online submission process begins. Please have the following documents ready to submit to the web page:
APPLICATION CHECKLIST OF REQUIRED MATERIALS
- Current Vita
- Annual Performance Evaluation
- Nomination letter from academic unit (i.e. the AUH or the AUPAC)
Submit a Nomination Login with your JMU eID and password
The recipient of the College's Outstanding Junior Faculty Award will receive a $1000 stipend to be applied to professional development activities of the recipient's choice in the following academic year.
Recipient must be a full-time employee of James Madison University and the College of Health and Behavioral Studies at the time of receipt of the stipend support.
INCOMPLETE PROPOSALS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED