Join JMU's College of Health & Behavioral StudiesView Open Faculty and Staff Positions Now Recruiting
This is an exciting time for the College of Health and Behavioral Studies (CHBS) at James Madison University. Building on our mission to engage students, faculty and communities in learning, scholarship and service, we are in the process of identifying exceptional candidates to join our faculty and leadership ranks.
JMU At a Glance
- A state-supported university of over 20,000 students.
- Located in the heart of the beautiful Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
- JMU is the #3 regional university in the South for 2022*
- University Fact Sheet
*According to the annual poll on academic quality conducted by U.S. News and World Report.
JMU's Strategic Priorities for 2020-2026 Include:
- National prominence – developing increased recognition as a national university known for outstanding and innovative programs and services
- Achieving and maintaining status as a Carnegie Doctoral University. This move to R2 and national status reflects the sustained funded research accomplishments of CHBS faculty members*.
*During the fiscal year 2019, for example, the university was awarded almost $18 million in external grants; faculty in CHBS accounted for over 46% of the awards ($8.3 million.)
About the College of Health and Behavioral Studies
Created in 2012, with eight academic units preparing both undergraduate and graduate students, CHBS is committed to innovation and engaged learning, providing an excellent educational experience for our students. This quality of academic programs is evidenced by several notable rankings:
In addition to these rankings, CHBS demonstrates academic excellence through a sustained focus on student engagement; this engagement takes the form of undergraduate research, practicum/clinical and student teaching, community service, and study abroad opportunities. Interprofessional and Interdisciplinary Education play a vital role in preparing students to tackle complex problems holistically.
Open Faculty Positions
Thank you for your interest in the College of Health and Behavioral Studies at James Madison University. We are excited about the future of our college and welcome interested and qualified candidates to apply to our open positions- and join our outstanding group of faculty members.
Communication Sciences and Disorders
None at this time
None at this time