International Programs - Study Abroad for CHBS Students
Students of the College of Health and Behavioral Studies (CHBS) are encouraged to participate in international study programs offered by James Madison University. Study abroad experiences challenge students and increase self-confidence. They can increase your appreciation of others and allow you to develop new perspectives regarding your home culture. Through international experiences you can increase your ability to interact effectively with people of other nationalities. International experiences can strengthen your resume, broaden your horizons, enrich your life, and open doors to future opportunities. Study abroad opportunities available at JMU are described on the Center for Global Engagement's website. Learn more about Study Abroad opportunities
CHBS Short Term Study Abroad Programs
CHBS offers a variety of short-term study abroad programs. The courses below are sampling from past years. Please visit Study Abroad to see what is currently offered.
- Austria: Cross-Cultural Psychology in Vienna (PSYC 200 or PSYC 400). Primarily for junior- or senior-level Psychology, Sociology, Social Work, History, Health Sciences, and German majors or minors.
- Costa Rica: Nursing and Healthcare in Costa Rica: An Interprofessional Perspective (NSG 490). Open to all students in health professions.
- Ghana: Ghana Summer Abroad (SOWK 487, PSYC 200 and other options). Open to all students.
- Ireland: Ireland and America: A cross-cultural study of identity (PSYC 200 or PSYC 400). Open to all students.
- Italy: Cross-Cultural Psychology in Perugia and Florence Italy (PSYC 200 or PSYC 400). Primarily for junior- or senior-level Psychology, Sociology, Social Work, Kinesiology, Health Sciences, and Italian majors or minors.
- Kenya: International Health: A Kenyan Perspective (NSG 490 or NSG 531). For advanced Nursing students including RN-BSN and graduate students.
Study Abroad Opportunities - Listed by Major
- Communication Sciences and Disorders
- Health Sciences
- Health Services Administration
- Kinesiology (Exercise Science and PHETE)
- Social Work