Events & Opportunities
- Career and Internship Fair, February 18 & 19, Festival Conference Center. The purpose of the fair is to learn about jobs and internships available, talk with employers representing different organizations, and network. More information
- Summer Conference Assistants. Every summer, JMU hosts many camps and conferences on our campus. Conference Services provides logistical support to ensure those events are successful. Several positions are available. Applications are due February 20. For more information email Joyce Bentz (email@example.com) More information.
- Eating Disorders Awareness, Feb. 25, at 7 pm in Festival Ballroom. As part of Eating Disorders Awareness Month, the University Health Center’s Student Wellness & Outreach is bringing to campus Ryan Sallans, public speaker, diversity trainer, consultant, publisher, and author. Ryan will speak about his experience with an eating disorder and journey to self-acceptance, including the realization and acceptance of identifying as transgender. More information
- Ninth Annual Early Childhood Leadership Summit sponsored by Smart Beginnings at IIHHS, March 4, 8 am – 2 pm, Festival Conference center. Join early childhood educators and community and business leaders in moving towards a comprehensive early childhood systems change. More information
- Celebration of Social Work. March 6.
- From Communities to Countries: Making Health Systems Sustainable. March 27, 5:30 pm in the Festival Highlands Room. This Viewpoints on Health, Huber Memorial Speaker Series event will include a presentation by Kristin A. Cooney, MA (JMU Class of 1985), Director, Country Portfolio, Center for Leadership and Management, Management Sciences for Health. Ms. Cooney is a seasoned project manager and motivated team leader with 28 years of experience working for international NGOs as well as for USAID. More information
- JMU Diversity Conference, March 17.
- Family Studies Minor Information Sessions. March 19, 21, 25 & 27
- All Together One Award. Nominations are being accepted for faculty, staff and students for this prestigious award. Nominees are selected because of their: Impact on the community. Inspiration of others. attitude of caring/humility/kindness, dedication to learning, collaboration, and other unique contributions. Nominations are due March 21. Send nominations to firstname.lastname@example.org. More information
- Consider Summer School at JMU! JMU will offer many courses during Summer 2014, on campus and online. The schedule is not yet available, but information about session dates and courses typically offered are available online. Registration for summer session begins March 24
- Mercy Killers, a one man play by Michael Milligan is coming to the Forbes Center. Joe loves apple pie, Rush Limbaugh, the 4th of July and his wife, Jane. He is blue-collar, corn-fed, made in the USA and proud, but when his uninsured wife is diagnosed with cancer, his patriotic feelings and passion for the ethos of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness are turned upside down. In Mercy Killers, Joe struggles with the uniquely American experience of losing your health in the land of plenty. No tickets required. Free. First come, first served. March 26, 7:30 pm in the Earlynn J. Miller Dance Theatre. More information
- Rain Pryor presentation sponsored by the Health Sciences Diversity Committee. March 26, 7 PM, Memorial Hall More information
- Hardaway Lecture Series sponsored by Dietetics. March (TBA)
- Summer School Registration Begins. Information about sessions dates and courses typically offered are available. More information
- Collaborative Grant Proposals Due to the Dean. April 4
- Pi Mu Professional Day. Theme: How health policy affects bedside nursing. Sponsored by Sigma Theta Tau and the Department of Nursing. April 10, 8-5, Festival Conference Center.
- CHOICES. April 11 & 14 More information
- Psychology Research Symposium. April 21, 12:30-2:15, Warren Hall Transitions Room
- Occupational Therapy Research Presentations. April 25, 5 PM, Festival Allegheny Room
- Graduate Psychology Spring Symposium. April (TBA).
- The Spring Exam Schedule has been revised. More information
- Occupational Therapy Poster Presentations. May 7, 8-10 am. (Location TBA)
- Health Studies Service Learning Posters. May (TBA).
- Graduate Commencement. May 9, 10 am, Convocation Center More information
- University Commencement. May 9, 3 pm, Bridgeforth Stadium More information
- CHBS Undergraduate Commencement. May 10, 9 am, Bridgeforth Stadium More information
- School Psychology Professional Development Workshop. May/June (TBA)
- Summer Institute in Counseling. June (TBA).
- School Psychology Professional Development Workshop. September (TBA)
- Leadership Academy sponsored by Graduate Psychology and IIHHS. December (TBA)
Ongoing Events & Opportunities
- Connect with the local community. The Reading Road Show-Gus Bus program and the Shenandoah Valley Migrant Education program are recruiting volunteers for tutoring programs. Volunteers visit the child’s home for 1 – 2 hours per week. More information
- The JMU Undergraduate Research Journal welcomes submissions from students enrolled in all JMU undergraduate programs. More information
- CSDC Workshops. Free workshops are available through the Counseling and Student Development Center regarding problems such as dealing with depression, long-distance relationships, conflict and difficult people, assertiveness, anger management, etc. More information
- The JMU Honors Program website has been updated. New options for senior projects are described. More information
- Career & Academic Planning offers resume writing workshops, career coaching, mock interviews, employer-networking, and other opportunities to prepare for post-graduation opportunities. More information
- JMU Learning Centers provide assistance with writing, communication, math, science and selected other courses. More information
- Graduate Students are invited to join the JMU Graduate Student Association GSA Blog GSA Facebook GSA Twitter email@example.com
- 2012-2013 College Calendar (PDF)
- University-Wide Online Calendar
Events and Opportunities Archive